| The operator slides the restraint carriage on the guide rail, positions it in front of the wheel, and pivots the restraining arm to lock it in place and secure the wheel.
Once loading/unloading is complete, dock worker presses release button inside, alerting outside operator that it is safe to disengage wheel restraint. A simple press of the foot pedal disengages the restraining arm, rotating it back and away from the wheel.
Kelley Manual SURFACE CHOCK
SIMPLE, SAFE & EFFECTIVE. Bi-State’s Manual SURFACE CHOCK provides loading docks with a cost-effective, versatile wheel restraint solution, and is capable of engaging and restraining the wide range of trailers that come to the dock, including trucks with lift gates, damaged Rear Impact Guards, or different axle configurations. Easy installation, simple operation and minimal maintenance provide a lower lifetime cost of ownership than other wheel restraint systems, and its ergonomic design enables easy maneuvering for accurate and reliably safe operation.
The simple yet durable design includes an interlock-capable control panel, standard LED communication lights, exterior audible alarm and advanced safe engagement sensors to provide effective and efficient communication between the dock employee and the restraint operator.
- 10’ (3 m) standard length and 6’ (1.8 m) engagement range effectively secures the trailer’s wheels instead of the Rear Impact Guard (RIG).
- Capable of restraining trailers with lift gates, damaged RIGs, multiple axles and/or wheel covers and mud flaps.
- Restraining arm engages wheel near the axle height, ensuring superior capture.
- Provides up to 32,000 lbs. (142 kN) of restraining force confirmed using ANSYS analysis and live-load testing.
- Heavy-duty, hot dip galvanized steel components ensure long structural life.
- Guide rail and end cap deflector designed to withstand the weight of off-center trailers.
- LED interior/exterior lights are standard, and provide superior performance versus incandescent bulbs.
- Carriage and trailer presence sensor provide effective communication of restraining arm position.
- 106-decibel exterior audible alarm alerts personnel if restraint is prematurely disengaged.
- Inside release button allows dock attendant to signal when loading/unloading is complete.
Ease of Operation
- User-friendly, 2-step engagement / disengagement only requires 35 lbs. (156 N) of operating force.
- Ergonomic design of activation handle is 44 1/2”
(1,131 mm) long with safety-yellow grip.
- No bending or lifting required to engage or disengage restraining arm.
- Restraint controls can be interlocked and sequenced with dock leveler, overhead door or other equipment.
- Restraint controls easily integrated with 4SIGHT dock/yard management system.
Designed for Extreme Weather
- Galvanized finish and 10-degree angle of guide rail enable restraint to withstand snow, ice and debris.
- Optional 17′ (5.2 m), 120-volt heat tracer cable helps clear snow and ice.
- Trailer presence sensor is IP67 rated and proximity switch is sealed and waterproof.
Low Lifetime Ownership Cost
- Superior design, manufacturing and testing combined with easy operation and minimal maintenance requirements ensures years of reliable performance.
- Kelley’s global network of application and service professionals provide the highest levels of support.